I usually post my Give Me Five on my other blog, but I just realized I haven't posted here in about a week, so I thought this week's topic was appropriate for this blog.
The topic of today's list is - Give Me Five things you have been busy with in the last 2 weeks since the last GM5!
It should be easy to come up with five things.
- First off, I was busy getting the house cleaned for the Spring Holy Days - tossing out the old leaven, and doing some extra cleaning while I was at it. Thankfully, my wonderful husband was a huge help with the vacuuming and moving furniture. I cleaned out and inventoried the downstairs freezers (still need to update my list), cleaned out the refrigerators and various other food and kitchen related things.
- Then, moving right on from the cleaning, the cooking started. I had to bake unleavened bread and fix food because we had everyone here for Passover/Night to be Observed, and for the 1st Day of Unleavened Bread. The meal was really, really good.
- After the weekend, I felt like I was playing catch-up - getting the house cleaned back up, all the dishes done, etc, as well as trying to get normal stuff done like laundry and figuring out what we're eating all week. That was made a little more difficult by the fact that, we really didn't have much time to eat at home all week because,
- This past week we spent a lot of time at school, because Cory was in the school play. Jeffrey helped out again with the sound, and, even though he didn't really need me to help too much this time, Cory thought I should be there. So, even though I wasn't really busy, I wasn't really able to do anything else. I'm used to having all day to get stuff done, and that usually extends into the evening some. Having to stop at 5pm so we could head over to the school really cut into that time. If only they had wireless Internet in the school... I did take my computer one night and downloaded some of the pictures I took, to see how they turned out and if I needed to take any more. Whether I needed to or not, I still ended up taking more.
- Also, I've been keeping busy avoiding getting started on the really BIG project, the school calendar. I keep thinking, if I can only get this done or that done, then I can sit down and start on the calendar. I finally did get a folder set up for the project and some files saved where I'm going to need them. No, I didn't get everything else caught up or done, but I can't put it off any longer. Mary and I are spending tomorrow at school taking pictures of the artwork. Yes, we really are going to be putting the calendar together again this year. This will be our last year. It would be nice if we could come up with something awesome, but I think we're just going to be lucky to have a calendar.
I think being busy is a regular thing. Maybe if I could get more organized?
If you'd like to read more Give Me Five lists, visit BeccA's Buzz